Cambridge, UK | Full-time | Permanent
Riverlane is a research-led start-up that builds ground-breaking algorithms and software to unleash the predictive power of quantum computing. Backed by leading venture capital funds and the University of Cambridge, we work together with visionary chemical, pharmaceutical and materials companies to develop billion-dollar applications using quantum advantage.
You will join our cross-disciplinary team of software developers, mathematicians, quantum information theorists, computational chemists and computational physicists – all world experts in their fields. Our collaborative, close-knit team has a track record of delivering high-quality R&D across the full quantum stack. As an early stage start-up, you will have the freedom to think independently and creatively, as well as contribute to Riverlane’s business development.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including equity options, and will cover the cost of getting you to Cambridge.
About the role
You will join our research team building NISQ.OS, a new operating system for quantum computers. Working closely with our quantum hardware partners across the UK, you will define how quantum devices are developed from experimental systems into programmable computers.
What you will do
Working as part of a flexible engineering group, you will develop a novel platform for real time software within quantum computing. As part of your role, you will:
- Develop a flexible simulation platform for quantum control systems
- Build reusable and verified RTL IP
- Understand and implement research in Operating Systems and reconfigurable systems
- Collaborate with co-workers and external hardware developers to build a new kind of runtime for a new kind of computer.
You do not need a background in quantum computing as relevant training will be given.
What we need
- A PhD (or industry equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline from a top university.
- Experience (commercial or academic) with one or more of: SoC design, Embedded Systems Design, or Computer Architecture
- A keen interest in making real time systems easier to understand
- An interest in quantum computing
- Proficiency in Python and C or equivalent scripting and systems languages.
- Experience with one of the following tools:
- RTL languages such as Verilog, VHDL, ClaSH, or related
- SystemC or other SoC simulation tool
- Linux Kernel or embedded C
Even better if you have experience of…
- Designing programming languages or DSLs
- Microwave signal processing
- Dataflow systems such as Niad, Kafka, etc.
- Open FPGA tooling
- Operating Systems design
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter here.
Your covering letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Apply for role →