About the role
You will join our research team building NISQ.OS, a new operating system for quantum computers. Working closely with our quantum hardware partners across the UK, you will define how quantum devices are developed from experimental systems into programmable computers.
What you will do
Working as part of a flexible engineering group, you will develop a novel platform for real time software within quantum computing. As part of your role, you will:
- Develop a flexible simulation platform for quantum control systems
- Build reusable and verified RTL IP
- Collaborate with co-workers and external hardware developers to build a new kind of runtime for a new kind of computer
You do not need a background in quantum computing as relevant training will be given
What we need
- A PhD (or industry equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline from a top university
- Experience (commercial or academic) with one or more of: SoC design, Embedded Systems Design, or Computer Architecture
- An interest in making real time systems easier to understand
- Experience with SystemC or another SoC simulation tool
- Understanding of on- and off-chip networking techniques
- Proficiency in Python and C or equivalent scripting and systems languages
- An interest in quantum computing
Even better if you have experience of…
- Designing programming languages or DSLs
- Formal or Fuzz testing for hardware designs
- Microwave signal processing
- Dataflow processing systems such as Niad, Kafka, etc.
- Open FPGA tooling such as Verilator, Symbiflow etc
- Operating Systems architecture
We offer a competitive benefits package, including equity options, and will cover the cost of getting you to Cambridge.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
Apply for role →